Dems are afraid of the truth. Grounds to suspect that the coronavirus came from a Chinese lab grew stronger still Monday with a new report from congressional Republicans citing a “preponderance of evidence” for the theory. It’s long past time for Democrats to join in and pursue this question as aggressively as possible. The evidence “suggests SARS-CoV-2 was accidentally released from a Wuhan Institute of Virology laboratory sometime prior to September 12, 2019,” the House Foreign Affairs Committee Minority Staff reported in an addendum to its findings from September.
The congressmen also say the virus was “genetically manipulated” and accuse WIV researchers, Chinese officials and “potentially American citizens” of having “directly engaged in efforts to obfuscate” information and “suppress public debate of a possible lab leak.” Their evidence:
- The lab’s virus database was removed “in the middle of the night” on Sept. 12 “without explanation.”
- Chinese scientists suddenly became concerned about their safety and waste-treatment equipment.
- Athletes at the Military World Games in Wuhan in October became sick with symptoms similar to COVID-19.
- Satellite photos show “a significant uptick” in visits to hospitals near the lab.
- A military bioweapons expert became head of WIV’s Biosafety Level 4 lab “possibly as early as late 2019.”
They also note research focused on modifying the virus to infect humans and that it was possible to do so without leaving a trace. And they present new evidence of how “top” WIV scientists, along with Dr. Peter Daszak, an American, “furthered” a CCP coverup by “bullying” other scientists, “misleading the world about how a virus can be modified” and “directly lying” about their research and safety protocols.